The Pupil Premium is an allocation of additional funding provided to schools to support specific groups of children who are vulnerable to possible underachievement. These include: pupils who are entitled to free school meals or who have been on Free School Meals (FSM) within the last six years; those looked after by the local authority; those adopted from care and the children of armed service personnel.
If you are in receipt of one of the following benefits your child/children are entitled to free school meals.
- Income Support.
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance.
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance.
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 if you are an asylum seeker.
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit.
- Child Tax Credit (not including Working Tax Credit) - if the household income is below £16,190.
Even if your child does not want a hot school lunch we would encourage you to apply as you may be entitled to other financial and educational support from the school such as 1:1 tuition, additional in-class and small group support. See our Pupil Premium expenditure Information 2018-2019 document above for more details on how our funding allocation was used last academic year at Meopham Community Academy.
To apply for Pupil Premium/free school meals, please click on the button below which will take you to the application form on the website of Kent County Council.