The Local Offer at Meopham Community Academy
The Government has asked all Local Authorities in the UK to publish, in one place, information about the services and provision they expect to be available in their area for children and young people from 0 to 25 who have Special Educational Needs and/or a Disability (SEND).This is known as the local offer.
Further information about the Local Offer can be found on the Kent County Council website:
Our Local Offer
The purpose of our local offer is to inform parents and carers about how we welcome, support and make effective provision for children with SEND. We will keep our local offer under review asking parents what is working well and what they feel needs improving.
Our SEND Information Report outlines how the needs of SEN pupils are met, as determined by the school SEND policy (see below), and the range of provision we offer.
As advised by Kent Education authority, the school adopts a graduated response to Special Educational Needs provision. Details can be found in the Meopham Community Academy Provision Map.
Further details of the content and purpose of the interventions can be found by following the link below:
If you would like to discuss our Local Offer in detail please contact Mrs Parke, our SENCo, via the school office, to arrange an appointment.
Additionally, Mrs Parke (Inclusion Manager) runs an AEN clinic on Mondays from 2:30pm. Appointments can also be booked via the school office.
Arrangements for Parents of Pupils with SEN to make a complaint
The normal arrangements for the treatment of complaints at Meopham Community Academy are used for complaints about provision made for special educational needs. We encourage parents to discuss their concerns with the class teacher, members of the pupil support team, SENCO or Senior Leadership Team, to resolve the issue before making the complaint formal to the Chair of the Governing Body.
What do Pupil Support do?
Class teachers provide for all the children in their classes, but children with AEN/SEND may need further support for a period of time.
Here at Meopham Community Academy we have an experienced and award-winning Pupil Support Team, based in the Magnolia Room, who offer children support with their needs. The Magnolia Room team use a wide-range of strategies to meet individual pupil's needs whether from an academic, social or emotional aspect.
Introducing the Pupil Support Team
The provision from the Pupil Support Team may include:
- co-ordinating and running interventions for social, emotional and communication assistance as well as Maths and English intervention groups;
- 1:1 mentoring both in- or outside of the classroom;
- providing advice and an opportunity to have time to talk with an adult;
- adding individuals to the Special Educational Needs (SEN) register so that they receive the support they require in school;
- referring children's cases to outside agencies for more specialist involvement.
- guidance for pupils and parents.
The Pupil Support Team is made up of six members of staff. Each have different roles and responsibilities as part of the support team as follows:
- Mrs H Parke - SENCo / Inclusion Manager
- Mrs J Ring - Behaviour mentor
- Mrs F Winter - Social and Communication mentor
- Mrs M Martin - Family Liaison Officer / Behaviour mentor
- Mrs A Jephcote - Speech and Language mentor
- Mrs K Greenwood - Medical Needs Co-ordinator