Our Eco Warriors
AIMS OF THE ECO WARRIORS
- To raise awareness about sustainability
- To encourage all members of Meopham Community Academy to be respectful citizens by recycling, saving energy, conserving resources and caring for the environment
- To teach all members of Meopham Community Academy to have good habits for the future by valuing themselves and our environment
- To always carry out their responsibilities as an eco-warrior
- To feedback during class assembly
WHO ARE THE ECO WARRIORS?
- We have two representatives per class in our Eco Warrior team. These representatives (one girl and one boy) are elected each year by their classmates.
- We elect a Chairperson and Secretary from our Year 6 pupils. Our new chairpersons will be announced in September 2019.
WHAT ARE OUR DUTIES?
- We are split into three groups - Pollution Reducers, Waste Watchers and Energy Enforcers.
I WILL BE A POLLUTION REDUCER
- Count how many children walk or scoot to school on a Wednesday
I WILL BE A WASTE WATCHER
- Ensure the correct use of the recycle bin in class
- Ensure your class know how to use the green and red bins in your class
- Check taps in the school have been turned off (in your year group bubble)
- Advise children to reduce waste in the toilets (e.g. blue paper towels)
- Check resources are not being wasted (e.g. pens, glue, paper)
I WILL BE AN ENERGY ENFORCER
- Check that lights are switched off when your class is not in use
- Ensure that the interactive board is turned to ‘ECO’ when not in use
- Close the classroom door after leaving the class
- Shut outside door when leaving the classroom
- Make sure windows are closed at the end of the day