Terms 5 and 6 2017 - 2018
Congratulations to the following children who have been selected by us to be playground friends for terms 5 and 6 2017-2018.
This group of Year 5 children have been given a number of important duties and their contribution to daily life at our school is highly-valued.
Mrs McCann & Mrs Ring
Playground Friend Duties
KS1 Duty - HALL
- Help the younger children with opening their crisps and drinks or carrying their hot dinners.
- The children are allowed to leave the hall at 12.20pm. They will put their hands up and you can let them go.
KS1 Duty - PLAYGROUND / FIELD
- Play with the younger children (sensible games).
- Check friendship benches; an adult may ask you to include someone in play or simply keep them company.
- You may be asked by an adult to take our younger children to the toilet, water fountain or First Aid.
KS2 Duty - PLAYGROUND / FIELD
- Check friendship benches regularly
- Adults may ask you to include someone in other children's play or simply keep a child/children company.
- When you go into lunch, you go up first with the privilege tables.
- Be at the gate at 8.35am
- Walk younger children to their classroom if they need assistance.
- When you walk with them why not to talk to them about something they enjoy doing or something they did at the weekend.